ICKFORD BUCKS PARISH COUNCIL & COMMUNITY WEBSITE ACCESSIBILITY STATEMENT
STATEMENT 1 Introduction
The Parish Council is required to have a website to improve accessibility for people with disabilities, that also complies with Website Content-Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 level AA and a Website Accessibility Statement in place by 23rd September 2020
This Statement has been compiled by a review of national guidelines and a sample of statements from similar bodies.
Website Accessibility statement for Ickford Bucks Parish Council & Community Website
This website is run by Ickford Parish Council and we want as many people as possible including people with disabilities to be able to use the website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts using built-in browser settings
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
We have also made the website text as simple as possible to understand, abilitynet.org.uk has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We offer two links when you click onto our Accessibility Button situated on our home page, which will take you through the steps on either a Windows or a Mac Computer
- We are unable to provide a text relay service for people who are deaf, hearing impaired or have a speech impediment. As we are a Parish Council our office is set in our Parish Clerk’s Home.
- If you need any information contained on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording, then email The Parish Clerk at email@example.com Or call the Clerk, Pat Pointer 01844 237067
- We will consider your request and get back to you in five working days. Please note that the office is only open for part of the working week, Messages and e mails left will be dealt with as soon as possible when the Office reopens.
- If you can’t view the map on our ‘contact us’ page – contact The Parish Clerk as above.
- If you find any problems that are not listed on this page or that you think are not meeting accessibility requirements, contact The Parish Clerk as above:
- Enforcement procedure The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’).
- If you are not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS). Contacting us by phone or visiting us in person – Not available during the Covid 19 restrictions.
Ickford Parish Council
Reviewed 8th September 2020